This weekend I attended the UK’s biggest home improvement show, The National Home Improvement Show at Earl’s Court exhibition centre in London. I was so impressed by the range of exciting products, innovative companies and green solutions that were on offer at the show. There was even a ‘Consult the Expert’ area where homeowners could book a free session with some of the top designers and experts in the country to get advice on their projects.
My favourite were the Real Homes Live theatre areas where high profile pros, many of them recognisable from TV programs and magazines, were giving talks on really useful topics related to home improvement. From gaining planning permission to creating a dream outdoor space, there was a goldmine of information, ideas and advice to be absorbed.
Coming up this week I’ll be sharing the top tips I picked up at the five seminars I attended. The topics are:
– Kitchen and bathroom design with Michael Holmes, Editor in Chief of Real Homes magazine
– Creating that ‘wow’ factor with Hugo Tugman, author of the book Architect Your Home
– High-impact landscaping on a small budget with Matt James, a highly respected garden designer
– Extending a period house sympathetically with expert Roger Hunt
– Creating a dream master bathroom suite with TV presenter and designer Julia Kendell
Visit throughout the week for some professional tips, whether you’re renovating, planning or just dreaming!